- 1922 Golf Course in Forty Days
(Staede and Andrus behind project – PH Mc Garry to sell land)
- 1923 PH Mc Garry to lease land to the Walker Auto Club for golf course development
(Option to buy for $4000 available over next 10 years)
- 1929 Walker Golf Club purchased by Ed Staede. John Andrus buys course and renames it Tianna Country Club.
- 1930 Sammy Balfore, golf professional, hired to change course layout.
- 1952 Betty Hawkins gives Tianna Clubhouse to the members.
- 1953 Tianna Country Club is incorporated.
- 1959 Grass Greens completed.
- 1960 Tianna purchases land for the back nine from the State of Minnesota.
- 1967 Ernie Tardiff, golf professional, designs and builds the back nine at Tianna.
Watered fairways come to Tianna.
- 1979 Betty Hawkins gives the front nine to the City of Walker, with the understanding that the course will be transfered to Tianna.
- 1987 City of Walker transfers the front nine to Tianna Country Club.
- 1989 Tianna Country Club builds new clubhouse.
Hole 15~Enlarged Teeing Area
- 1993 Automatic watering system installed.
- 1994 Hole 7~ Enlarged Men’s tee box and added a forward tee box
Hole 9~ Added Fairway Bunkers on the right side
Hole 12~Enlarged green Practice Area ~Added additional teeing area
- 1995 Hole 4~Added Forward Tee Box Hole 5~Added Forward Tee box
Hole 16~ Added Fairway Bunkers on the left and right
Hole 18~Added Fairway Bunker on the right side
- 1996 Hole 13~Added Forward Tee Box
Hole 16~Added Forward Tee Box
- 1997 Hole 12~Enlarged Forward Tee Box
Hole 18~Enlarged Forward Tee Box
- 1998 Hole 6~Added Greenside Bunker
Hole 10~Enlarged Forward Tee
Hole 14~Enlarged Forward Tee
Hole 17~Added Forward Tee
- 1999 Practice Area ~Enlarged Practice Green
- 2001 Hole 5~Installed Pond left side of the Fairway
Hole 18~Installed Pond right side of the Fairway
- 2005 Hole 8~ Enlarged and leveled Forward Tee
- 2006 Hole 10~Enlarged backside of the Green
- 2007 Hole 4~Enlarged backside of the Green
- 2008 Hole 1~Added Fairway Bunker right side & removed rear bunker
- 2010 Hole 2~Enlarged and rebuilt Men’s tee box
- 2011 Hole 2~Cleaned up and reshaped pond
- 2012 Hole 10~Contoured front of the green & added bunkers to the left and right front
- 2013 Forward tees added to all 18 holes approximately 4055 yard
Clearing began behind 3 green for future expansion of the hole
- 2014 Expansion of Hole #3 and new green is completed.
- 2015 Hole #2 rated the Best Golf Hole in Minnesota.
- 2016 Hole #3 is open and ready for play.